The major problem with creosote is that it is highly inflammable. Its accumulation on the flue walls increases the risk of house fire considerable. In fact, thousands of house fires are caused by creosote build-ups in chimneys every year. Fire is one of the most serious perils which can affect a home. It poses extreme danger to people and property. Another problem with fire starting due to the combustion of creosote is that this substance is toxic and can cause serious irritation to the skin and eyes and possibly mental confusion.
It is more cost-efficient to hire a professional HVAC technician for the cleaning and maintenance of the air vents and shafts than to go for DIY care or have a non-professional do it. In fact, you will generate savings on a range of costs. As explained earlier, the specialist service will help you to save on both utilities, repair and replacement. These savings can be considerable for any household and especially for a business which uses a large and complex system for heating, ventilation and air conditioning.